Microsoft Exam 70-489 - Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions
Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions
Exam: 70-489 - Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): SharePoint Applications
Candidates for this exam typically are technical leads with at least four years of SharePoint and web development experience. The candidates are responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments.
The minimally qualified candidate typically has experience:
- Selecting an appropriate approach and building customizations in SharePoint.
- Planning and implementing solution packaging, deployment, and upgrading.
- Identifying SharePoint data and content structures for customizations.
- Performing diagnostics and debugging.
- Planning and designing applications for scalability and performance.
- Identifying and mitigating performance issues of customizations.
- Understanding authentication and authorization.
- Working with Windows PowerShell.
The typical candidate usually also has familiarity with SharePoint capabilities and with Online Services such as Windows Azure and SharePoint Online.
Design and Implement Search (15-20 percent)
- Query Search.
- Customize search results.
- Customize content processing.
Implement BCS (Business Connectivity Services) (10-15 percent)
- Create a model.
- Create external content types.
- Implement authorization and authentication.
- Create custom connectors.
- Access BCS data.
- Implement client-side BCS.
Implement User Profiles and Customize Social Workload (15-20 percent)
- Manage user profile properties.
- Manage feeds.
- Access user profile data.
Implement ECM (Enterprise Content Management) and WCM (Web Content Management) (15-20 percent)
- Implement a multi-lingual site.
- Implement E-discovery.
- Implement SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Implement content management.
- Implement a publishing page.
Design for Performance and Troubleshooting (15-20 percent)
- Design solutions to handle a high-traffic site.
- Design client applications for performance.
- Monitor and mitigate performance and scalability issues.
Implement Managed Metadata Service (MMS) (15-20 percent)
- Manage term sets.
- Create solutions by using MMS.
Use an MMS API.